- US ring size: 5.5 (sorry, we cannot offer ring sizing)
- Process for how this unique ring was made: the ring setting was hand sculpted and carved by the artist in her studio making each piece one of a kind (not molded, not cast...you are purchasing the actual miniature sculpture; only one exists exactly like it in the world!). Once carved, the piece was torch fired to high heat. After being cooled and cleaned, a wash of 22K gold was applied using the keum-boo method (keum-boo is an ancient gilding technique where high karat gold is bonded to a fine silver surface). The piece was then torch fired again, melding both metals together. A 14K yellow gold band was measured, soldered, and hammered into shape and soldered to the ring face. A faceted nearly-colorless moissanite stone is flush-set into the metal, creating a perfectly invisible but permanent ring setting.
- Stone: approx. 2mm faceted Charles & Colvard Forever One moissanite (diamond alternative)
More about the stone: The gemological properties of Moissanite created by Charles & Colvard® (Forever One Moissanite) lend powerful optical characteristics to this ring. Its high refractive index and light dispersion produce an ideal fusion of brilliance and fire that dazzles and captures the eye unlike any other jewel. The manufacturing process pioneered by Charles & Colvard produces one of the hardest minerals on earth with a Mohs hardness second only to diamond and higher than emerald, sapphire or ruby. I've chosen to use moissanite because it is a beautiful diamond alternative that is also conflict-free, and is more brilliant than a natural diamond. It is perfect for a daily-wear engagement, wedding, anniversary, or keepsake piece.
- handmade in Kansas City, MO by Nicole Jo Melton
- Please see care instructions on the FAQ/Policies page
- ready-to-ship (please see our FAQ/Policies page for processing time
Please note: Most mobile devices make the colors in the photos look less saturated than they are to the eye. While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.