- ready-to-ship: there is one size 7 that is ready to ship in 14K yellow gold (the pictured finished ring in photos #1–7, 10)
- made to order: all other sizes (half/whole) 3–12 will be made to order (half/whole; we can also make quarter sizes—Please leave note at checkout with your correct ring size; please note that we reserve the right to cancel your order if the size is not included when the order is placed). If you require a larger ring size, please email us for pricing.
- 14K yellow or rose gold available for this hand-fabricated design (please make sure to include your metal preference at checkout); the ready to ship ring is 14K yellow gold.
- approx. 1mm thick handmade 14K gold band; work hardened strong for a lifetime of adornment (please wear with love and follow our care instructions on the FAQ/Policies page).
- The inside band is stamped "14K" for gold purity
- Ethically-sourced Natural Australian crystal opal in a bar shape set in an east-west form (horizontally): each stone is varied and we have photographed a selection for you to choose from. These opals were mined from Coober Pedy and are very beautiful (sizes range from 3x5mm to 4x7mm). Some of the opals we believe to be doublets (this is when it's often backed with a darker stone to bring out the iridescent nature of opals); opal #2 is transparent and iridescent (the color was difficult to capture when on a white background—please note that transparent gems will be backed in gold which often makes the stone more vibrant).
- Please see photo #2 of numbered opals to choose from (these correspond with the drop-down menu). If you add a gemstone to cart and it says "unavailable", this means it has already sold. Please email us if you are looking for a different opal color (if your favorite is sold out...please note we only have a small inventory of these special beauties!)
- Each 14K gold bezel is hand fabricated to fit these tiny opals. This is extremely laborious work, but allows for us to offer these gorgeous and highly coveted one of a kind stones.
- As noted on our FAQ page: soft stones like opals should not be exposed to water, oils, perfumes, or chemicals repeatedly. Please take care of your jewelry as it is an investment. Handmade rings should be removed prior to sleeping, bathing, swimming, gardening, exercising, etc. (as settings can catch on hair, covers, or be bent and/or the stone could be damaged as with certain types of exercise). Please use common sense and take good care of your ring and it will last you a lifetime.
- handmade in the Midwest USA by Nicole Jo Melton
- There is only one ready-to-ship size 7 ring which is the finished ring shown in the photos ("ready to ship" will be the selection from the drop-down menu). If selecting a different gemstone/size, please note that your ring will be made especially for you (made-to-order). Please see current processing times for all items on our FAQ/Policies page.
- Notes to include at checkout (for made to order only):
1) your correct ring size (quarter/half/whole)—pricing is for sizes 3–12
2) your metal preference (14K yellow gold or 14K rose gold)
- We do not offer resizing for this design for an incorrectly ordered size—be sure to order the correct size at the time of order
- Shipping for this item for US residents: please note all FINE Collection orders include third party mailing insurance up to $400 only unless otherwise stated. We recommend insuring your order for the full value of the piece as we are not liable for lost/stolen packages (and it does happen). We offer very affordable shipping insurance add-ons in the shop (see shop listing for pricing).
- International customers: your package is sent via First Class with up to $400 insurance already. If you would like to insure further, you will need to select Priority Mail international and add-on insurance (shop listing) for the full value of the item.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.