The dreamiest of vintage rubies (from a pre-1970s collection from a retired jeweler) set in stunning hand-carved textured stars...dream a little dream! When I hand carved these in wax, I fully envisioned an almost shooting star. Growing up in the middle of the woods when I was a kid (the Everglades in southwest Florida), I didn't realize the beauty of a starry sky without an electricity lit landscape. Now I fully appreciate getting out into the middle of nowhere and seeing the sky as it is...twinkling and magnificent.
After seeing my wax carvings cast, these little stars reminded me of starfish...which are also referred to as "sea stars". The wonders of the deep ocean and wonders of the deep sky...These earrings are super sparkly and lightweight and comfortable to wear every day. Whether you cherish them for your love of sea or love of dreaming, these earrings will surely remind you to keep your affections set on the good things in your life.
- ready to ship (pictured pair)
- 14K rose gold earrings with 14K rose gold (standard earring post size) threaded posts and backs for added security
- high polished
- the gemstones are engraved and bead set flush into the gold
- About the gemstones: pair of vintage rubies (pre-1970s, these come from a retired jeweler); (approx. 2mm each prior to setting) vibrant pinks with a slight violet coloration...they are stunning!)
- Earring setting measures approx. 10.23mm diameter
- Care: please remove your earrings before showering or sleeping. Snagging the posts/backs could bend the earrings or even break the solder joins or weaken the prongs over time. See more detailed care instructions on our FAQ page.
- Ready to ship. This item is completely one-of-a-kind. You are purchasing the pictured ruby star fearrings in the listing photos. Your earrings will be carefully packaged inside a gilded Knot & Splice fine jewelry gift box. Please see current processing times for both made-to-order and ready-to-ship items on our FAQ/Policies page.
- This item includes up to $400 third party insurance. We highly recommend purchasing any additional insurance (offered vary affordably) in the shop (it's the first listing) to equal the value of the item. We are not responsible for lost/stolen packages.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.