The name of this ring: "In Victorian language, dahlia stands for the flower has survived. It expresses sentiments of dignity and elegance. It is a symbol of commitment and a strong bond that will last forever. Thus dahlia is often used for flower decorations to celebrate love and marriage."
This listing is for the stunning one of a kind pictured pear brilliant cut Madagascar parti sapphire and white diamond ring. This is a thick, well-made ring that is made to stand the test of time, but still looks beautifully feminine and organic. This ring is meant for daily wear and could be worn as an engagement ring or a right-hand ring. Sapphires are very wonderful stone options for daily wear as they are 9 on the Mohs scale of hardness (diamonds are the hardest gemstone at a 10...sapphire is the next hardest natural choice and excellent for those who love unusual colors).
- This ring is currently a size 5.5, but we can resize it for you prior to shipping. We can resize this ring in-house complimentary to you down to size 3.5 and up to size 7.5 (quarter/half/whole sizes 3.5–7.5; please see the resizing info below)...possibly a bit further (please use our Contact page to inquire).
RESIZING INFO (for the finished ready-to-ship size 5 ring in the photos): complimentary in-house resizing up or down takes approx. 14 business days to complete as it is not a fast process and takes several hours (sometimes a full day) of careful work. Please select your ring size from the drop-down menu.
Custom versions?: We can create your own custom ring in the Dahlia design in different 14K/18K gold colors with other gemstones. Please email us here.
- Focal gemstone: one of a kind pear brilliant faceted cut approx. 0.50ct unheated Madagascar parti sapphire (naturally mined and ethically sourced; "parti" refers to the gemstone being bicolored or multi colored)
- This ring pairs beautifully with the pictured Briar Rose ring and our Dewdrop ring
- All Knot & Splice gemstones are carefully sourced
- Band width: approx. 2.5 mm (varies a bit in thickness as it's hand-carved with organic detailing)
- Center setting size: 5.5mm x 7mm
- Center stone size: approx. 6mm x 4mm
- 13 brilliant precision-cut white (SI/GH clarity natural, conflict-free) diamonds: approx. 1mm (each)...look closely at the photos to see all three diamonds carefully nestled in place. There are 6 diamonds underneath the main setting, and 4 scattered on each side of the main setting in the band.
- Currently a polished finish (can be finished with a matte/brushed finish...please note, as you wear the ring, it will burnish and become more polished with time); polishing and brushed finishes will wear as they are loved and worn.
- 14K rose gold (we use recycled milled metals)
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
General shipping details:
- There is only one ready-to-ship ring (finished photographed ring). Please see our current processing times on the FAQ page
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select UPS expedited, USPS Priority Mail, or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.