One of a kind dainty and entirely handmade recycled 14K palladium white gold (I do not work with nickel-based white gold; palladium white gold is more expensive but is completely nickel-free (nickel is a very common metal allergy and my studio remains to be nickel-free). Palladium is part of the platinum family so the metal is soldered under high heat).
This piece features joyful and shiny organic carved lines that radiate outward from the center yellow diamond. This piece was created by melting down 14K palladium white gold scraps, forging it, and then adding a bail. The piece was then hand-engraved and a diamond set in the center. It is not cast or pre-made, nor is it done in CAD. It was laboriously made using old world goldsmithing techniques and is expertly set by the same hands that made it.
- Approx. 2mm sparkling vintage earth-mined yellow diamond (most likely heated for brighter color as unheated yellow diamonds are quite pale in comparison. This is a stunning yellow diamond that packs a punch for its petite size!). This diamond comes from a pre-1970s collection and so no new mining was needed.
- Total approx. pendant dimensions: 6.8mm x 12.3mm
- 16" delicate & bright 14K yellow gold-filled chain (not solid gold; I am not able to source 14K palladium white gold chain as it's a newer material and my chain source is not currently creating them. I do have sterling silver chains on hand if you'd like me to swap out this chain with a sterling silver one to match the silvery color of the palladium white gold...please just leave a note at checkout with that detail). Gold-fill wears much like solid gold in that it won't wear off as plating does (this makes it more affordable and also comparable to gold).
- the pendant is hallmarked on the back "14K" for 14K gold purity and signed "NM" for the artist's signature
- Care: please see our FAQ page (you should remove your jewelry before swimming, showering, sleeping, exercising, etc. to protect your investment)
- handmade in beautiful Kansas City, MO by Nicole Jo Melton
- Ready-to-ship. This item is completely one-of-a-kind. You are purchasing the pictured item (pendant with chain). Your pendant will be carefully packaged inside a Knot & Splice fine jewelry gift box. Please see current processing times for both made-to-order and ready-to-ship items on our FAQ/Policies page.
- This piece is insured up to $400 via third party insurance (if you need more insurance for your order, we highly recommend it as we are not liable if your package is lost or stolen in the mail). You will find additional insurance in the first listing in the shop.
Please note: These photos were taken with a DSLR macro lens which captures more details than the naked eye can see. While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.