A handmade one-of-a-kind statement necklace that is a collector's dream...sultry and life-like Montana agate with dendritic inclusions. Finished with a loop of dangly charms that feel as if they've been collected from a walk in the forest.
- details: handmade sterling silver statement necklace with a larger Montana agate stone. A charm loop holds 3 handmade charms: 1 with Kingman turquoise (AZ) with pyrite bead, 1 live-cast fern leaf and a charm with 3 Number 8 turquoise (NV) beads. The pendant hangs from a custom almost 22" chain (finished with lobster clasp).
- natural Montana agate stone: These stones are a bit difficult to capture as agates are a glassy/reflective material and also semi translucent. They're highly reflective which is difficult to capture, but they have a glorious Victorian feel to them! Montana agate is the term given to the stunning chalcedony that was found in the alluvial gavels of the Yellowstone River in Montana. This Agate is naturally characterized as having a red iron oxide and black manganese oxide. This Agate is a reasonably hard rock, mostly consisted with silica (quartz). Additionally, sapphire and Montana agate are considered the two significant state gems in Montana. The hardness is significant for making jewelry because of its relative hardness that can provide sparkle, which is quite strong. (Info from Gemrockauctions)
- American turquoise: Kingman is a turquoise mine locating in AZ (it is quite rare to find pyrite in this turquoise these days); Number 8 turquoise mine was located in Nevada but has long been closed.
- hallmarks: signature "NM" and “925” (for sterling silver) on the back of the pendant
- handmade in beautiful Kansas City, MO by Nicole Jo Melton
- Please see care instructions: FAQ/Policies; please remove your jewelry when sleeping, bathing, swimming, etc.
- ready-to-ship (please see our FAQ/Policies page for processing times)
- This item is a one-of-a-kind necklace. You will receive the exact necklace pictured which will be packaged carefully inside a gilded Knot & Splice jewelry box.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.