- One of a kind dangly earrings
- Delicate hand-sculpted fine silver settings with 22K yellow gold overlay with embedded Arizona (Ant Hill) ruby red garnets with 14K gold-filled loops and 14K gold-filled lever-back ear wires
- Process for how this piece was made: Each earring setting was hand sculpted and carved and then torch fired (with the natural garnet in place). It's one of a kind (not cast from a mold)—an original artwork. An ancient gilding technique called keum-boo has been used to apply a thick layer of 22K yellow gold foil to the fine silver surface. The gold is layered onto the surface, heated, and then burnished into the silver—this process creates a permanent diffusion bond.
- About the stones: raw semi-tumble polished natural ruby red garnets mined from Ant Hill, Arizona. The stone are embedded in the metal and fired in place. They have retained the raw, imperfect look of rough stones.
- the back of the earrings are carved with "NM" (signature for Nicole Melton); the ear wires are hallmarked for 14/20 GF (14K gold-filled)
- Care: sterling silver will gain natural patina over time when left unworn (unwanted oxidization can be removed with a polishing cloth—please see our FAQ/Policies page for care instructions), but we recommend you store this piece in a sealed plastic bag and inside a jewelry box to preserve the polished look.
- handmade in beautiful Kansas City, MO by Nicole Jo Melton
- Ready-to-ship. This item is completely one-of-a-kind. You are purchasing the pictured item. Your item will be carefully packaged inside a Knot & Splice gift box. Please see current processing times for both made-to-order and ready-to-ship items on our FAQ/Policies page.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.