- only 1 ring ready-to-ship
14K gold-fill with brass bezel (the photos are of sterling silver Orbit rings, but this one will be 14K gold-filled bands with brass bezel) with lab-cultured opal (not pictured, but similar design)—size 6
- For those with shorter finger digits, the height of the ring (from top to bottom) is approx. 10.5–11mm (will vary slightly from ring to ring)
- bezel-set one-of-a-kind Sterling lab cultured opals. We have been making our Orbit ring since 2013—it is an original design copyrighted by Nicole Jo Melton and Knot & Splice.
- Sterling opal is a lab cultured opal made in Arizona. Although Sterling is a cultured opal, it is made in a lab using silica nano and mono particles (the same way a natural, mined opal is made in the earth). Under a microscope, GIA confirms that Sterling opal has the same characteristics and composition to natural opal, making it a true, GIA certified synthetic opal. No colorants are used in the stone—the process itself is a natural process and the color you see in the stone is from light refraction (not dye). Developed by the inventor of the Zachary treatment (a stabilization method for natural turquoise) and the owner of the Sleeping Beauty mine, Sterling opals have been in the making for many years. The process of growing the opals is lengthy! Knot & Splice is truly honored to be using these high-quality webbed opals in our works as American-mined opals are extremely rare (very expensive) and often brittle when available.
- handmade in the USA by Nicole Jo Melton
- Select ring sizes are available as ready-to-ship items (see drop-down menu for availability). Please see current processing times on our FAQ/Policies page.
All of these rings are one of a kind. No stone is exactly the same.
NOTE: This ring cannot be resized. The Orbit ring is NOT adjustable; it's a well-made ring that is handmade in your exact size. Please be sure to order your correct size at checkout.
Care: these rings are delicate. Please remove handmade jewelry before showering, sleeping, or any activity where the ring may get wet or stressed. This ring is well made, but meant to be worn with care. Do not bend the bands to "adjust" your ring after purchase...this will put stress on the solder joints and cause the ring to break.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.