- One of a kind
- Delicate hand-sculpted fine silver and 22K heart pendant with constructed sterling silver loops and a gold-filled chain; a gorgeous lavender Montana sapphire is set inside the metal.
- About the stone: This pendant features a beautiful approx. 3mm faceted lavender sapphire from Montana. The photos show a macro view of this stone (very magnified) that reveal a flaw/line within the stone (not on the surface). Montana sapphires are highly treasured and difficult to find (as cut stones)! This stone comes from a vintage collection. This piece is conflict-free, being mined in the United States and coming from a vintage collection. The majority of Montana sapphires are handsomely priced in faceted form (the larger the stone, the higher the value). Not every rough piece of sapphire is suitable for the faceting process...much of the stone is lost in the cutting process.
- Process for how this piece was made: This piece was hand sculpted and carved and then torch fired with the stone in place. It's one of a kind (not cast from a mold)—an original artwork. An ancient gilding technique called keum-boo has been used to apply a thick layer of 22K yellow gold foil to the fine silver surface. The gold is layered onto the surface, heated, and then burnished into the silver—this process creates a permanent diffusion bond.
- 18" long high-quality but delicate 14K gold-filled chain (with lobster clasp)—this is a fairly short chain that sits higher up near the collar bone (depending on each person's body type, it may sit a little higher or lower on the neck line).
- the back of the pendant is carved "NM" (signature for Nicole Melton) and stamped ".925" for sterling silver and "22K" for 22K gold
- Care: sterling silver will gain natural patina over time when left unworn (unwanted oxidization can be removed with a polishing cloth—please see our FAQ/Policies page for care instructions), but we recommend you store this piece in a sealed plastic bag and inside a jewelry box to preserve the polished look.
- handmade in beautiful Kansas City, MO by Nicole Jo Melton
- Ready-to-ship. This item is completely one-of-a-kind. You are purchasing the pictured item (pendant with chain). Your pendant will be carefully packaged inside a Knot & Splice gift box. Please see current processing times for both made-to-order and ready-to-ship items on our FAQ/Policies page.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.