Montana agates are some of my favorite stones—the colors and patterns are often earthly tones and look as if layers of a landscape have been extrapolated and then sealed in stone form.
- size 8 (no resizing)
- details: one-of-a-kind ring features a sizable polished natural Montana agate moon cabochon clasped in a crown bezel on my signature wide star band (with 22K keum-boo applied to the inset stars). This piece has gently been work hardened for durability and strength.
- keumboo process is an ancient gilding process of 22K yellow gold foil and fine silver; the ring was deplete gilded over 8 times (very labor intensive) as to raise the fine silver to the surface. 22K gold was then applied, torch fired, and burnished to create a perfect fusion of the metals.
- natural Montana agate stone: These stones are a bit difficult to capture as agates are a glassy/reflective material and also semi translucent. They're highly reflective which is difficult to capture, but they have a glorious Victorian feel to them! Montana agate is the term given to the stunning chalcedony that was found in the alluvial gavels of the Yellowstone River in Montana. This Agate is naturally characterized as having a red iron oxide and black manganese oxide. This Agate is a reasonably hard rock, mostly consisted with silica (quartz). Additionally, sapphire and Montana agate are considered the two significant state gems in Montana. The hardness is significant for making jewelry because of its relative hardness that can provide sparkle, which is quite strong. (Info from Gemrockauctions)
- hallmarks: signature "NM" and “925” (for sterling silver) and "22K" (22K gold)—stamped on the inside of the ring
- handmade in beautiful Kansas City, MO by Nicole Jo Melton
- Please see care instructions: FAQ/Policies; please remove your jewelry when sleeping, bathing, swimming, etc.
- ready-to-ship (please see our FAQ/Policies page for processing times)
- This item is a one-of-a-kind ring. You will receive the exact ring pictured. This ring cannot be resized.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.