A beautiful one-of-a-kind pendant mimicking a landscape and sun.
- details: handmade sterling silver necklace with 14K gold-filled hammer-textured rings; custom 23" oxidized sterling silver necklace closes with a lobster clasp. An approx. 3mm semi-clear faceted Oregon sunstone is set over an oxidized silver backing. An intentional texture was applied around the setting. The entire pendant/chain has an oxidized and brushed finish.
- natural Montana agate stone: These stones are a bit difficult to capture as agates are a glassy/reflective material and also semi translucent. They're highly reflective which is difficult to capture, but they have a glorious Victorian feel to them! Montana agate is the term given to the stunning chalcedony that was found in the alluvial gavels of the Yellowstone River in Montana. This Agate is naturally characterized as having a red iron oxide and black manganese oxide. This Agate is a reasonably hard rock, mostly consisted with silica (quartz). Additionally, sapphire and Montana agate are considered the two significant state gems in Montana. The hardness is significant for making jewelry because of its relative hardness that can provide sparkle, which is quite strong. (Info from Gemrockauctions)
- natural Oregon sunstone: a semi-clear sunstone mined from Oregon that looks dark due to the oxidized silver backing on this piece
- hallmarks: signature "NM" and “925” (for sterling silver) on the back of the pendant
- handmade in beautiful Kansas City, MO by Nicole Jo Melton
- Please see care instructions: FAQ/Policies; please remove your jewelry when sleeping, bathing, swimming, etc.
- ready-to-ship (please see our FAQ/Policies page for processing times)
- This item is a one-of-a-kind necklace. You will receive the exact necklace pictured which will be packaged carefully inside a gilded Knot & Splice jewelry box.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.