- One of a kind rings: sizes 6, 7.5 (no resizing; only 1 of each size)
- Delicate hand-sculpted fine silver settings with 22K yellow gold overlay with a polished New Lander chalcosiderite stone and set on a double-split sterling silver ring band
- Process : An ancient gilding technique called keum-boo has been used to apply a thick layer of 22K yellow gold foil to the fine silver surface (only as an accent). The gold is layered onto the surface, heated, and then burnished into the silver—this process creates a permanent diffusion bond. The gold application on these bezels is minimal and meant to look weathered, like an unearthed treasure.
- About the stones: New Lander chalcosiderite/variscite from Nevada, USA. Chalcosiderite is a close cousin to turquoise and variscite...New Lander is known for its wide variety of colors: green, blue, yellow, orange, white, etc.—usually with black spiderwebbing.
- the back of the ring bezels have a stamped plaque with the maker mark "NM", "925" and "22K" (for metal purity)
- Care: sterling silver will gain natural patina over time when left unworn (unwanted oxidization can be removed with a polishing cloth—please see our FAQ/Policies page for care instructions), but we recommend you store this piece in a sealed plastic bag and inside a jewelry box to preserve the polished look. Wearing your ring often will also prevent unwanted oxidization.
- handmade in beautiful Kansas City, MO by Nicole Jo Melton
- Ready-to-ship. Each ring is completely one-of-a-kind. You are purchasing the pictured item (in the size of your choosing). Your item will be carefully packaged inside a Knot & Splice gift box. Please see current processing times for both made-to-order and ready-to-ship items on our FAQ/Policies page.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.