This ring is completely one of a kind and was made with a unique metalsmithed torch process that cannot be replicated in exactly the same way ever again.
- entirely hand fabricated artisan made ring
- size 5.75 (this ring can be sized up or down 2 sizes for a fee—please email us for info Nicole [at] knotandsplice.com)
- all stones are ethically sourced
- one of a kind heirloom ring perfect for engagement and every day wear; care must be taken with any prong-set ring.
- handmade claw 4-prong setting with stippled texture details around the ring band and organic drops; the inside of the ring is stipple-engraved with a very subtle texture.
- This ring will pair well with thinner bands that can snuggle nicely with the organic rounded forms on the ring band and/or contact us about a customized wedding band (this may require us to have both rings in hand in order to match perfectly, depending on the complexity of the design—custom projects are limited, so please plan with months in advance. Read more about the Bespoke/custom process here)
- Band width varies at approx. 1.13-3.15mm (thickest measurement is of the thicker organic details in the front of the band, the back of the band is just shy of 1.2mm)
- Details about the sapphire: The focal stone is a one of a kind parti Montana sapphire and measures approx. 4.8mm x 6.7mm (approx. 1 carat). It is a faceted oval cut that is conflict-free, mined in the United States, and is from a vintage source. The majority of Montana sapphires are handsomely priced in faceted form (the larger the stone, the higher the value). Most Montana sapphires are hand collected and/or with low mining impact. Not every rough piece of sapphire is suitable for the faceting process, and much of the stone is lost in the cutting process.
- solid 14K rose gold (we use recycled milled metals)
- hallmarked "14K" inside each ring and signed NJM (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band; the inside of the ring has been stipple textured for visual interest...this is a detail that's almost naked to the eye, but was added by the artist as a special hidden element.
- Please see care instructions: FAQ/Policies.
- Ready-to-ship. This item is completely one-of-a-kind. You are purchasing the pictured Montana sapphire ring. Your ring will be carefully packaged inside a gilded lid black velvet Knot & Splice gift box. Please see current processing times for both made-to-order and ready-to-ship items on our FAQ/Policies page. If you'd like to place an order for a similar bespoke piece, please see our Bespoke page for process/details.
- SHIPPING within the US: this order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. No extra insurance is necessary when purchasing this item by itself.
- International shipping: please select Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express and purchase insurance for the full value of the item in the shop. We are not responsible for lost/stolen packages and highly recommend insuring your investment for the full value of the item. This item cannot be sent via First Class Mail.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.