This listing is for our made to order Briar Rose ring (the Constellation parti sapphire ring is listed separately here). This ring is made to order in your selection of 14K yellow, rose, and palladium white gold with SI/GHI white diamonds or salt & pepper/grey diamonds (please email for other tiny gemstone options: nicole [at] knotandsplice.com). This ring design was first hand-fabricated in solid 14K gold using a variety of goldsmithing techniques that are near and dear to the artist's creative heart. This piece was then molded so that multiple rings of the same design can be created in the future...all are painstakingly hand-set and polished with utmost detail. The exact pictured Briar Rose with white diamonds in 14K yellow gold is available here.
- All Knot & Splice gemstones are carefully sourced
- Band width: approx. 3mm wide although this ring has an organic shape that undulates in areas.
- Diamonds: select from brilliant white (SI/GH clarity natural, conflict-free) or salt & pepper/grey diamonds. There are 3 that are approx. 1.5mm, and 1 tiny 1mm diamond...all carefully set in organically formed gold droplets on the ring.
- Currently a polished finish (can be finished with a matte/brushed finish...please note, as you wear the ring, it will burnish and become more polished with time); polishing and brushed finishes will wear as they are loved and worn).
- 14K gold (we use recycled milled metals—14K yellow gold is pictured; please see the drop-down menu to choose your gold color)
- White gold note: We do not use traditional white gold in the studio as it contains nickel (that gives it the whiter/silvery appearance) which is a common metal allergy (California states it is a carcinogen to work with in terms of dust and heating it for the metalsmith). Instead, for white gold we use an alloy that contains palladium instead of white gold. Palladium is in the platinum family, therefore it is priced as such. The color of 14K palladium white gold is a beautiful steely grey color similar to traditional white gold. Likewise, we do not use plating chemicals nor recommend it for white gold (traditionally this is done to give a super bright white appearance, however, it involves some very harsh chemicals as well as a constant upkeep for the client). We hope you love the palladium white gold on its own without the use of plating!
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
Ready to ship ring details (pictured finished ring):
- Available here
- This ring pairs beautifully with the pictured Constellation ring as well as most other gemstone rings with 2mm and up bands (please email if there's a particular ring in the shop that you would like to see together with Briar Rose)
Other gemstones?: please email us to see what is possible at nicole [at] knotandsplice.com
General shipping details:
- Please see care instructions: please see the FAQ/Policies page from the menu.
- There is only one ready-to-ship ring (finished photographed ring). Please see our current processing times on the FAQ page for made to order and ready to ship items.
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select UPS expedited, USPS Priority Mail, or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required. Please email for other shipping services.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.