one-of-a-kind elegant drop earrings that make the perfect gift. These are lightweight with the perfect amount of uniqueness and natural beauty.
- high-grade natural tumbled Blue Moon turquoise nuggets (mined in Nevada, USA)—these stones were purchased directly from the Ottesons and are high-grade in their natural formation. Turquoise cabochons are often cut and polished from either nuggets (like this) or from larger formations that are cut into slabs. We think these raw stones are pretty unique!
- About Blue Moon turquoise: "The Blue Moon turquoise mine is one of numerous claims located in the Royston District outside Tonopah, NV. Blue Moon turquoise can be found in a range of colors from green to dark blue, sometimes with striking yellow accents. The most desirable Blue Moon turquoise is a mid to dark blue color with spectacular black spider web, some of which was found just a couple of years ago. The claim is owned by the Otteson family. It is infrequently mined as their primary focus is on their Royston turquoise claim." (info from Pueblo Direct)
- entirely hand-fabricated sterling silver prong settings with handmade ear wires (ear wires are approx. 20 gauge which fits standard sized ear piercings); this pair will come with clear plastic backings to help prevent the earring from slipping out of the ear.
- Modeled photos are to show scale only (see macro photos for details)
- made in the USA by artist Nicole Jo Melton
- You will receive the pictured earrings you choose which will arrive in a gilded Knot & Splice gift box
- Ready to ship (you'll receive the exact earrings pictured in this listing). Please see current processing times for all items on our FAQ/Policies page.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.