This ring is completely one of a kind with a custom rosecut kite sapphire.
- entirely hand fabricated artisan made ring (perfect for engagement, bridal, right hand ring, anniversary, push gift, etc.; I don't like to label my work as bridal, but this ring is perfect for that if you choose)
- size 5.75 (this ring can be sized up or down 2 sizes for a fee—please email us for info Nicole [at] knotandsplice.com)
- one of a kind heirloom ring perfect for engagement and every day wear; care must be taken with any prong-set ring.
- handmade claw 4-prong carved talon prong setting (the setting is backed with solid gold to further enhance the sapphire's colors and reflect more light which is the best way to set a rosecut gem). Talon prongs are always hand-carved in the final piece at setting and it further shows that the piece is handmade with skill. The talon prongs have a romantic feeling to them, clasping the stone tightly and elegantly, like a safe hug. There is an Edwardian vibe with both rose cuts (with rose cuts being one of the first faceted gems; first created over 500 years ago) and talon prongs (which are, in my option, an artful revival of skillful handmade work—which stands out in an industrial, mass-manufactured world today). This piece was lovingly made with great skill and intention.
- This ring will compliment wedding or stacking bands up to 1.5mm thick (and any width) that can snuggle nicely under the setting. You may also contact us to help create a customized wedding band like a curved or arched ring (this may require us to have both rings in hand in order to match perfectly, depending on the complexity of the design—custom projects are limited, so please plan with months in advance. During the holiday season, we may limit how many new projects we can accept.
- Rectangular style band measures approx. 2mm (width) x 1.5mm (thickness)
- Details about the sapphire: This ethically-sourced custom-cut focal kite shaped rosecut Kashmir violet/pink (bicolor; the pink is a warm center flash like a heart beat...we're in love)
- Sapphire measures approx. 1.08 carats. It is 8.6mm x 6.8mm (the setting is approx. 4.4mm tall from the inside of the band to the top of the gemstone).
- Other sapphire details: Sapphires have a mohs scale hardness of 9.0 which is very strong and perfectly for daily wear (diamonds have the highest mohs scale hardness of any gemstone which is a 10.0; therefore, sapphires make a great choice for alternative bridal, anniversary, and daily wear heirloom rings).
- solid 14K yellow gold (we use recycled milled metals)
- hallmarked "14K" inside each ring and signed NJM (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside of the ring band
- Please see care instructions: FAQ/Policies.
- Ready-to-ship. This item is completely one-of-a-kind. You are purchasing the pictured sapphire ring. Your ring will be carefully packaged inside a gilded lid black velvet Knot & Splice gift box. Please see current processing times for both made-to-order and ready-to-ship items on our FAQ/Policies page. If you'd like to place an order for a similar bespoke piece, please see our Bespoke page for process/details.
- SHIPPING within the US: this order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. No extra insurance is necessary when purchasing this item by itself. Please ship to a secure address where the package can be signed for.
- International shipping: please select Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express and purchase insurance for the full value of the item in the shop. We are not responsible for lost/stolen packages and highly recommend insuring your investment for the full value of the item. This item cannot be sent via First Class Mail. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or inquiries about other shipping methods.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.