"Atara" means "crown"....we thought it was perfect for this mermaid-inspiring sapphire! This ring is one of a kind, however, please contact us for custom work (via Custom page, if available). This ring is sold by itself, however the photos show this ring paired with our Arch ring (star-scattered texture round version) and also our Halo ring (it can be made with a similar colored green sapphire instead of the pictured champagne diamond if desired).
- size 7 (complimentary resizing prior to shipping is available for this ring; this ring can be resized from US ring sizes 5–9 (quarter/half/whole sizes).
- RESIZING INFO (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY): complimentary in-house resizing up or down UP TO 2 whole sizes takes 10 business days to complete as it is not a fast process and takes several hours of careful work. Please include a note in the "notes" section at checkout before choosing payment selection and also send me an email: nicole [at] knotandsplice.com with the resizing request. Once a piece has been shipped out, resizing at a later date will incur a fee. If you'd like information on whether I can resize this ring up or down more than 2 sizes, please email me first to discuss: nicole [at] knotandsplice.com.
- 14K rose gold
- Finish: currently high polish/shiny, but this ring can be finished with a matte/brushed satin look prior to shipping (please select your preference from the dropdown menu)
- This piece was completely hand-carved in wax by the artist with beautiful organic textures and then cast in 14K rose gold. It was then carefully polished and each stone hand-set using old world goldsmithing skills by Nicole Jo Melton. It features a unique longer talon prong setting in the center (with the stone sitting low into the ring) and two hand-engraved bead-set sapphires as accents. It is the perfect ring for a nature and art lover...Atara: "crowned", "blessed".
- one of a kind heirloom ring perfect for engagement and every day wear; care must be taken with any prong-set ring
- 4 hand-carved claw prongs clasp the most stunning ethically-sourced center 0.60ct parti (blue/green) Madagascar mined sapphire (full faceted oval). The side stones are teal/green Madagascar sapphires (approx. 0.20ct each). The setting is lower profile, so there will be a slight gap when stacking with bands.
- Band width beyond setting: approx. 3–3.5mm (varies)
- Setting dimensions: approx. 8.6mm x 12mm
- Details about the center sapphire: eye-clean super vibrant ethically-sourced unheated 0.60ct Madagascar parti (bicolor) sapphire cut in a custom oval full facet.
- Sapphire accents: approx. 0.40ct total (0.20ct each) parti/green Madagascar sapphires (round brilliant cuts)
- hallmarked "14K" inside each ring and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
- Please see care instructions: FAQ/Policies page in the menu
- Ready-to-ship (if requesting resizing, please allow an extra 10 business days to complete this work and carefully resize your ring). This item is one-of-a-kind. You are purchasing the pictured sapphire ring. Your ring will be carefully packaged inside a gilded lid black velvet Knot & Splice gift box. Please see current processing times for both made-to-order and ready-to-ship items on our FAQ/Policies page. If you'd like to place an order for a similar bespoke piece, please see our Bespoke page for process/details.
- SHIPPING within the US: this order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. No extra insurance is necessary when purchasing this item by itself.
- International shipping: please select Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express and purchase insurance for the full value of the item in the shop. We are not responsible for lost/stolen packages and highly recommend insuring your investment for the full value of the item. This item cannot be sent via First Class Mail.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.