- Knot & Splice uses ethically-sourced and conflict-free gemstones
- one of a kind hand-fabricated sculptural ring
- size 7.5 (one of a kind; this ring can be resized in-house between US ring size 5.5 to size 9.5 (half/quarter/whole); please see detailed resizing info below)
- RESIZING INFO (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY): complimentary in-house resizing up or down takes 10 business days to complete as it is not a fast process and takes several hours of careful work. Please include a note in the "notes" section at checkout before choosing payment selection and also send me an email: nicole [at] knotandsplice.com with the resizing request. Once a piece has been shipped out, resizing at a later date will incur a fee. If you'd like information on whether I can resize this ring up or down more than 2 sizes, please email me first to discuss: nicole [at] knotandsplice.com.
- highly-polished solid 14K yellow gold ring with an open-back 6-talon claw prong setting
- Natural precious Australian boulder opal: 5.9ct natural boulder opal mined and hand-cut in Australia. Australia has some of the most stringent ethical and environmentally friendly mining policies in the world. Opals are mined by hand (usually by families who then also cut the gemstones). It is laborious work both to mine and cut them. This opal is the most stunning shades of blue and violet and absolutely glows on the hand in almost any lighting situation.
- Opal care: opals are a unique gemstone that can be born regularly, but must be cared for. Australian opals are some of the hardest opals in the world, but special care should be taken not to hit the stone on hard surfaces. We recommend removing this ring when bathing, swimming, gardening, etc. to protect the longevity and integrity of this stunning natural stone. Read more about caring for handmade jewelry here.
- approx. 2mm wide half-round band
- signed "NM" for Nicole Jo Melton and hallmarked "14K" for 14K gold on the inside of the band
- hand fabricated in the Midwest by artist, Nicole Jo Melton
- Please see care instructions: FAQ/Policies page (located in the menu)
Ready-to-ship (if needing resizing for a size listed above, please see our current processing times for resizing (typically 10–14 business days). This item is completely one-of-a-kind. You are purchasing the pictured item. Your ring will be carefully packaged inside a Knot & Splice fine jewelry gift box. Please see current processing times for both made-to-order and ready-to-ship items on our FAQ/Policies page. Please note if requesting resizing, your correct ring size must be included in the “notes” at checkout with your order.
SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order includes full insurance in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery.
- International shipping: please select Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express and purchase insurance for the full value of the item in the shop. We are not responsible for uninsured lost/stolen packages and highly recommend insuring your investment.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.