"Akiva" was hand carved in wax and cast directly into metal. This piece was created specifically for this high-grade Damele variscite gem. Damele was an American mine that is now long gone (the mine ran dry several years ago, and no new material is being discovered from this historical location). This is a very high grade spiderweb and polychrome (multiple colors) Damele stone. I've created this piece in 18K royal yellow gold (which is a special casting color alloy of 18K gold) and accented the pendant with a white salt & pepper rosecut diamond.
- One of a kind (this piece was carved in wax and then cast in gold; later an 18K bezel was added for the diamond, and hand-stamped circle of a 18K gold attached to the back which contains the hallmarks/signature). This piece features a protective thick bezel with my hand-carved talon prongs (these were hand-filed in the gold after the piece was cast).
- Gemstone: approx. 7.7 mm x 11.7 mm high-grade polychrome natural Damele variscite stone from the famous Damele mine that is now closed. This material is super rare and highly collectible. Variscite is similar to turquoise and is often mislabeled as such because they have a similar mineralogical composition.
- Accent gem: approx. 3mm (0.15ct) milky white (salt & pepper) rosecut diamond
- Metal: 18K royal yellow gold
- Overall pendant dimensions: approx. 13 mm x 26 mm (0.51" x 1.02")
- This piece hangs on a delicate 16" length solid 14K yellow gold chain
- Care: please see our FAQ/Policies page (you should remove your jewelry before swimming, showering, sleeping, exercising, etc. to protect your investment)
- handmade in Kansas City, MO by Nicole Jo Melton
- Ready-to-ship (please see our FAQ/Policies page for processing time)
- Complimentary US shipping (Priority Mail) is provided; your order will include up to $400 insurance only (if your order is valued higher than this amount and the listing doesn't include additional insurance, please be sure to purchase insurance in the shop for the difference). We are not liable for lost/stolen parcels that were inadequately insured.
Please note: Most mobile devices may make the colors in the photos look less saturated than they are to the eye. While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). This piece was photographed with a macro lens which captures more detail than your eyes can see! I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.