This is a handmade ring that is completely one of a kind (no mold was made and none will ever be replicated the same way again...see the last photo of this ring when it was being made in wax). It was first hand-carved in wax, cast using the ancient lost wax casting process (cast in 14K rose gold). The stone is a raw/unpolished bicolor Montana sapphire (green with an orange "sun" center). This ring brings warmth to its wearer and is a heart medicine balm infused with love.
This ring started out to be a solitaire with maybe a couple diamonds...but it needed to be fully encrusted with textures to surround the sapphire with light. This piece was truly a labor of love—hand carved by the artist and every stone set by Nicole Melton with all of its beautiful intention. I hope you love this "crown" jewel as much as I do.
Custom versions?: If you'd like a different stone in a similar style, please email us Nicole [at] knotandsplice.com. This sapphire is truly one of a kind and won't be replicated, but we can research a different gemstone for your ring if desiring a different 14k/18k color or setting style.
One of a kind ring design details:
- Current size: size 6.25(we can resize this exact ring from US ring sizes 4.25–8.5 (quarter, half, whole sizes) complimentary to you; please allow up to 14 business days to complete resizing prior to shipping it out to you). Please choose your ring size preference from the drop-down menus.
- Band width (not including the setting front part of the ring): 1.9–2.5 mm
- Band thickness: 1.4–1.9mm (varies due to its organic nature)
- Raw sapphire bezel setting: approx. 7.6 mm x 8.5 mm
- Montana sapphire center stone—Montana sapphires are mostly hand-collected with minimal impact to the environment. They are truly mined in the United States and often range in pastel colors with some rarer brighter/darker colors. This sapphire is uncut/"raw" as it's unpolished and isn't faceted. We love it for its natural beauty.
- Accent diamonds (pave set): 50 - 0.6mm size VS/GHI diamonds
- solid 14K rose gold
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
General shipping details:
- Please see care instructions: please see the FAQ/Policies page from the menu.
- This listing is for the pictured ring in the photos. It is one of a kind. If needing resizing, please allow up to 14 business days to complete the resizing and package your order for shipping. Please see our current processing times on the FAQ page
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select USPS Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required. Please email for other ship
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.