- One of a kind dainty and entirely handmade recycled 14K yellow gold pendant made with 9 alternating sapphires from our ethical sapphire dealer in Canada (Sorbet Sapphire)
- Sapphires come in many different colors—not just blue. Around 1880, sapphire became classified as a conundrum mineral (ruby is the name for a specific color/clarity of red conundrum). Sapphire and diamond were birth stones for April from the 15th to 20th centuries (the US later changed this so that sapphire became the birth stone for September). Sapphire is sometimes used to represent a 45th wedding anniversary, as well. Colorful sapphires are said to enhance intuition.
"Sapphire is said to be the wisdom stone, stimulating concentration, enhancing creativity and promoting purity and depth of thought. It is believed to focus and calm the mind as well as remove unwanted thoughts, depression and mental tension. It is known as the stone of new love and commitment and is claimed to be useful in encouraging faithfulness and loyalty. Sapphire is thought to bring peace of mind, serenity and prosperity." (quote from Firemountaingems.com)
- Pendant dimensions (not including jump ring): 7.77 mm x 12.12 mm
- Sapphire total carat weight: approx. 0.19ct
- 16" delicate solid 14K yellow gold 0.7mm thick chain (thicker chain pricing available)
- hallmarked "14K" for 14K gold purity and signed "NJM" for the artist's signature on the back
- Care: please see our FAQ page (you should remove your jewelry before swimming, showering, sleeping, exercising, etc. to protect your investment); please be careful with delicate chains. They shouldn't be worn to sleep in. If concerned, please select a thicker chain.
- handmade in beautiful Missouri by Nicole Jo Melton
- Ready-to-ship. This item is completely one-of-a-kind. You are purchasing the pictured item (pendant with chain). Your pendant will be carefully packaged inside a Knot & Splice fine jewelry gift box. Please see current processing times for both made-to-order and ready-to-ship items on our FAQ/Policies page.
- This piece will be fully insured without needing to purchase additional insurance.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.