This one-of-a-kind hand-sculpted piece was is entirely hand-fabricated by artist Nicole Jo Melton. It is probably THE most detailed piece we've ever made. Every milgrain dot was done by hand...the piece was created using traditional goldsmithing fabrication techniques and is not cast. The one of a kind Australian opal is a vintage doublet with stunning confetti colors. The diamonds are a mixture of Candian mined white diamonds and US-cut white diamonds.
- Australian opal details: one of a kind vintage Australian-mined opal doublet; gemstone is approx. 7 mm x 9.5 mm
- Natural (earth mined) diamonds: 1- 1.5mm SI white ideal cut diamond (cut in the US) and 6- 1.0mm SI white Canadian mined diamonds
- solid 14K yellow gold (due to how many times this piece was heated and pickled (to remove copper fire scale during the goldsmithing process), a fine layer of higher karat gold sits on the surface which makes this piece appear to be a much higher karat of gold (vibrant yellow...has more of a royal 18K-22K appearance, though it is actually 14K gold)
- Overall pendant dimensions: approx. 5/8" x 1 1/8" (17mm x 29mm)
- This piece hangs on an 16" length 14K gold-filled rolo chain (please email for pricing if you'd like to order this piece with a solid gold chain or a different length instead: nicole [at] knotandsplice.com). We can order an 18"–20" 14K gold-filled chain for you at no extra charge (please email to let us know your preference as we may need to special order this for you)
- Care: please see our FAQ/Policies page (you should remove your jewelry before swimming, showering, sleeping, exercising, etc. to protect your investment).
- handmade in Kansas City, MO by Nicole Jo Melton
- Ready-to-ship (please see our FAQ/Policies page for processing time)
- Complimentary US shipping (Priority Mail) is provided; your order will include full insurance and a signature required for this piece (US). No need to purchase insurance for this piece if shipping within the US.
- Outside of the US: this item must be sent via Priority Mail or an Express option with full insurance.
Please note: Most mobile devices may make the colors in the photos look less saturated than they are to the eye. While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). This piece was photographed with a macro lens which captures more detail than your eyes can see! I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.