This sculptural pendant features a glowing Australian Coober Pedy crystal opal and a hand-engraved wildflower in the gold beneath the opal. 4 eagle talon prongs clasp the opal tight. The edges are adorned with precision-cut colorless GH/SI diamonds. This piece is a work of art made by Nicole Jo Melton. See a video of this piece in process on Instagram reels here.
The Wildflower pendant is my homage to dandelions and all the beautiful wild things the world wants to choke out for perfectly manicured plastic lawns. Some of us will never fit in because we weren’t meant to. We were made to be different, we were born to survive the hardest elements. And we grow faster with the same or less resources than the blades of grass. What other flower blooms twice? Once to be born, once to die and come to life, my friend.
We rise from the ashes. But really ashes are just dirt, fertilizer. The potential of the wildflower is endless.
- Australian opal details: one of a kind Australian-mined crystal opal from Coober Pedy
- Natural (earth mined) diamonds: 21-GH/SI colorless precision-cut diamonds (total diamond carat weight 0.12ct)
- solid 14K yellow gold
- Overall pendant dimensions: approx. 0.60" x 0.95" (15.4mm x 24.3mm)
- Chain options: This pendant will arrive on a 16" length 14K gold-filled rolo chain as pictured (pricing in the drop-down menu allows you to upgrade the same style chain in solid 14K yellow gold instead in either 16" or 18" lengths (please email if you'd like to order a different chain style)
- Care: please see our FAQ/Policies page (you should remove your jewelry before swimming, showering, sleeping, exercising, etc. to protect your investment).
- handmade in Kansas City, MO by Nicole Jo Melton
- Ready-to-ship (please see our FAQ/Policies page for processing time)
- Complimentary US shipping (Priority Mail) is provided; your order will include full insurance and a signature required for this piece (US). No need to purchase insurance for this piece if shipping within the US.
- Outside of the US: this item must be sent via Priority Mail or an Express option with full insurance.
Please note: Most mobile devices may make the colors in the photos look less saturated than they are to the eye. While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). This piece was photographed with a macro lens which captures more detail than your eyes can see! I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.