- This elegant ring is the only like it in the world. It is art in jewelry form and fit for a queen. Hand carved in wax using a time-honored and time intensive handmade process, the ring was then cast in gold using the ancient lost wax casting process. This ring is perfect for bridal/daily wear (but would certainly make a stunning right hand ring, as well)
- fits sizes 5.5–6 (due to the unique shape, this ring will fit sizes 5.5–6; it cannot be resized)
One of a kind hand crafted details: 10 hand-carved talon prong claws in solid gold clasp the ethically-sourced sapphire. As is best for rose cuts, this gem is backed with solid gold to allow more light to reflect off the shiny surface (this is the best way to set a rosecut gem). Talon prongs are always hand-carved in the final piece at setting and it further shows that the piece is handmade with skill. The talon prongs have a romantic feeling to them, clasping the stone tightly and elegantly, like a safe hug.
There is an Edwardian vibe with both rose cuts (with rose cuts being one of the first faceted gems; first created over 500 years ago) and talon prongs (which are, in my option, an artful revival of skillful handmade work—which stands out in an industrial, mass-manufactured world today). This piece was lovingly made with great skill and intention. Additionally, this ring features hand engraving and milgrain details on the back "surprise" diamond setting.
This ring will need a custom band to snuggle (or wear it as both your engagement and wedding band in one). It will sit with other thinner bands, however, a perfect nesting ring would be custom made.
- Band Measurements: the band width on this ring varies in width from 2.1–6.5mm (largest widths are the front and back settings), with the front of the ring (with the sapphire width/height of band being 9.14mm). The back engraved setting on the band is approx. 4.7mm in height/tallest width.
- Details about the sapphire: This ethically-sourced custom-cut focal oval shaped rosecut Kashmir violet sapphire is superb. A rich purple is the color of royalty.
- Sapphire measures approx. 1.68 carats
- Other sapphire details: Sapphires have a mohs scale hardness of 9.0 which is very strong and perfectly for daily wear (diamonds have the highest mohs scale hardness of any gemstone which is a 10.0; therefore, sapphires make a great choice for alternative bridal, anniversary, and daily wear heirloom rings).
- Diamonds in this piece: there are three rosecut diamonds that are VS clarity and conflict-free. Approx. carat weight varies with rosecut diamonds, but is estimated to be between 0.07–0.09 total carat weight.
- solid 14K peach gold (this is a special gold alloy created by our caster for color; to the unaided eye, it is just slightly peachy, a bit more rosy than yellow gold, and less rosy than rose gold).
- hallmarked "14K" inside each ring and signed NJM (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside of the ring band
- Please see care instructions: FAQ/Policies.
- Ready-to-ship. This item is completely one-of-a-kind. You are purchasing the pictured sapphire ring. Your ring will be carefully packaged inside a gilded lid black velvet Knot & Splice gift box. Please see current processing times for both made-to-order and ready-to-ship items on our FAQ/Policies page. If you'd like to place an order for a similar bespoke piece, please see our Bespoke page for process/details.
- SHIPPING within the US: this order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. No extra insurance is necessary when purchasing this item by itself. Please ship to a secure address where the package can be signed for.
- International shipping: please select Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express and purchase insurance for the full value of the item in the shop. We are not responsible for lost/stolen packages and highly recommend insuring your investment for the full value of the item. This item cannot be sent via First Class Mail. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or inquiries about other shipping methods.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.