- We had a bit of fun and named these "Delphinium" after the flowers (they bloom in early summer, which seems appropriate for a favorite time of year when we celebrate the end of a long winter); this flower type is a genus of 300 species of perennials (larkspur is the common name).
- made to order (the finished earrings in the photos are sold, but are an example of what your earrings will look like with the blue sapphires in photo 2)
- 14K yellow gold heavy bezel setting with recessed line detail and threaded posts (with high quality butterfly threaded earring backings); threaded earrings twist on and off, but take quite a bit of rotations to tighten/loosen (this helps to prevent your earring from being lost)
- About the stone: pair of top blue Montana sapphires (1 ct total weight) These sapphires are conflict-free, mined in the United States, and are from a US supplier. The majority of Montana sapphires are handsomely priced in faceted form (the larger the stone, the higher the value). Not every rough piece of sapphire is suitable for the faceting process...much of the stone is lost in the cutting process. These sapphires are precision cut/round brilliant cut.
- Care: please remove your earrings before showering or sleeping. Snagging the posts/backs could bend the earrings or even break the solder joins over time. See more detailed care instructions on our FAQ page.
- Made to order. This item is completely one-of-a-kind. You are purchasing the pictured blue sapphires (not set) to be made in the same style as the finished earrings in the listing photos. Your earrings will be carefully packaged inside a gilded Knot & Splice fine jewelry gift box. Please see current processing times for both made-to-order and ready-to-ship items on our FAQ/Policies page.
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be shipped with full third party insurance and a signature required for delivery. The insurance will not be noted on the package for security.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.