"Aila" means "from the strong place". This ring represents the wise serpent that guards her heart. Snakes have been used in many cultures in metal form and in jewelry for thousands of years. Often symbolizing rebirth and romance, being intertwined and connected. The ouroboros (snake eating its tail) was a symbol of the full circle of life (both life and death). She celebrates life, protecting those closest to her, reflecting light. Aila would make the perfect right hand ring or ceremonial ring. Although a few Aila rings have been made, each one has been unique...I decided to keep the name as it's so perfect.
- fits size 7.25 (this ring can be sized up or down 2 full ring sizes (5.25–9.25) and possibly a bit more (please email other sizing requests: nicole [at] knotandsplice.com); please select the correct ring size at checkout (if you do not know for sure the correct ring size, it is better to resize once you do know the correct size...resizing a ring should only be done once). Complimentary resizing is included at the time of purchase only. Please allow up to 14 business days for resizing.
- conflict-free round brilliant cut Madagascar parti sapphire (approx. 4.9–5mm (0.50ct) size) with two very tiny VS/GH white diamond eyes (approx. 0.60mm each). This Madagascar sapphire is a partial color change sapphire which means the color will change in different lighting situations. In indirect overcast sunlight (as in photos 1 and 4 here), this sapphire appears a deep vibrant blue. In indoor studio photography lighting, the sapphire is more a lighter teal blue. Color change is a very desirable sapphire trait.
solid 14K yellow gold (we use recycled milled metals—we left a bit of the high raised karat of gold in soldering on this piece (this is called "deplete gilding" where the piece is heated and pickled, and the higher karat gold rises to the surface in a thin top layer)...so it appears much yellower like a higher karat gold; over time, it will patina and wear as 14K gold).
- very low profile 6-prong setting
- This ring pairs beautifully with our Briar Rose ring or Dewdrop ring (both pictured in the listing, our sample 14K yellow gold Briar Rose can be made in 14K rose gold to match perfectly).
- hallmarked "14K" and "NJM" (maker's signature) inside the ring band
Ready-to-ship. This item is completely one-of-a-kind. You are purchasing the pictured item. Your ring will be carefully packaged inside a Knot & Splice gift box. Please see current processing times for both made-to-order and ready-to-ship items on our FAQ/Policies page.
SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. No need to purchase insurance (we will fully insure).
- International shipping: please select Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express and purchase insurance for the full value of the item in the shop. We are not responsible for lost/stolen packages and highly recommend insuring your investment.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.