Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.―
This ring is named "Northern Lights" (named after the Aurora Borealis which describes the cosmic light effects that happen due to interactions between the earth's outer atmosphere and the sun). Because this ring has so many details, it is like viewing a painting of the Northern Lights...a beautiful night sky dotted with many glowing stars and swirls of colorful swaths of light. A closer look at each detail within the "painting" reveals the individual beauty that makes up an incredible night sky that only few will ever bear witness to.
This ring is an ampllified starry textured royalty eternity band with milgrain detail, tons of texture, and an array of sparkly white diamonds. This band is expertly handmade in 14K yellow, 14K rose gold, or 14K palladium white gold. This ring started out as a custom band for someone special (after almost 3 months of ideas and sketches) and we decided to offer it in the shop as made to order.
Because every detail is done by hand individually on each ring, the details will vary a bit, but will be the same pictured design (texture placement will vary on each ring). This ring is individually hand-fabricated and every detail and mark is done by hand...isn't it spectacular? A truly unique ring that has a story made by hands with high skill in a world that is often very cookie-cutter.
This ring can be worn for any reason at all...love it? This ring is for you, my friend. This ring is a daily wear piece meant to stand the est of time and can be worn for sentimental/anniversary/ceremonial purposes. Stack it with other rings or wear it by itself.
- All diamonds used in our jewelry are conflict-free and abide by the international Kimberley Process
- Made to order: this ring will be made especially for you according to your specifications from the drop-down menu. Pictured is a finished size 6.25 ring (sold) with SI clarity/GH color hearts & arrows precision cut white diamonds. The diamonds are full of fire!
- Made to order in sizes 4–9 (half/quarter/whole): please select your correct ring size from the drop-down menu (please note that the diamonds are set into the metal, and as such, it is difficult to resize this ring so it's best to know your exact ring size at the time of purchase)
- Finish: please select either shiny/polished or matte/brushed for the finish of your ring (drop-down menus)
- Metal options: 14K yellow or 14K rose gold or 14K palladium white gold (which is a nickel-free white gold and contains palladium (from the platinum family) instead of nickel as the alloy...it has a beautiful silvery steel gray color)); We can also make this in any color of 18K gold (please email for pricing: nicole [at] knotandsplice.com
- Diamonds: this piece has a total of 19–21 diamonds (depending on ring size, as that determines how many diamonds will fit...); we use SI clarity/GH color white diamonds
- Total diamond ct. weight approx. 0.50ct (20 diamonds total, alternating sizes 1.5–2mm each)
- Band dimensions: approx. 3mm (width) x 1.5mm (thickness)
- The back of this ring has a resizing space that is left blank (where diamonds are not set)...this is so that in the event your ring ever needs to be resized, voila! This makes it much more possible.
- the inside of the ring is hallmarked "14K" for 14K gold purity (18K gold can be made by special request—please email for pricing)
- handmade in beautiful Kansas City, MO by Nicole Jo Melton
- Your ring will be carefully packaged inside a Knot & Splice velvet gift box with outer white box and satin ribbon. Please see current processing times for both made-to-order and ready-to-ship items on our FAQ/Policies page.
- Shipping: this item will be fully insured with a signature required for delivery. If shipping internationally, please select an Express option.
Please note: A macro lens and professional camera have been used to photograph the details in these delicate pieces (macro pictures an item at 10x higher magnification than the eye can see). While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.