This is a made to order Flora ring with a lab-grown Chatham alexandrite in 14K gold of your choosing with either white/colorless (GH/SI) or grey/salt & pepper diamonds. "Flora" has elements of traditional design as a cluster ring with a touch of organic detailing and unique gemstones. This piece is for the lover of simple, classic beauty with a little something extra, and it's handmade! Each piece made by Knot & Splice is actually fabricated, wax carved, and/or hand-set in artist Nicole Jo Melton's home studio.
Ring design details:
- Band width: 1.3mm
- Setting size: approx. 6.3mm x 7.1mm x 4mm
- Center stone is approx. 4mm (carat weight varies by gemstone) lab-grown alexandrite stone. Please note that the color shifts in alexandrite that is nearly impossible to capture from camera to camera...this is due to the optical illusion of the gemstone. Colors change in different lighting which is an affect of the lighting passing through the gemstones. Colors range from a teal, greenish-teal, violet, and even pastel blue (depending on the lighting). Please see the photographs...these were taken with two different camera lenses in different lighting.
- Accent salt & pepper/grey OR white (SI/GH) diamonds: approx. 0.07ct (please select your accent diamond color preference from the dropdown menu)
- Ring sizes: US ring sizes 3–9 (quarter, half, and whole sizes are available in the drop-down menu; please email if you need a different size: nicole [at] knotandsplice.com)
- solid 14K gold (we use recycled milled metals)—this design is priced for 14K yellow or rose gold as well as 14K palladium white gold (additional cost will be added when selected from the drop down menu). Palladium white gold does not contain nickel, but instead contains palladium, a white metal in the platinum family. It is more costly than the alloy (nickel) in traditional white gold, but is a hypoallergenic option. We do not do plating in our studio due to the use of toxic chemicals involved in the plating process. Palladium white gold is beautiful on its own and is a steely grey color that is both beautiful and durable.
- Finish: we can highly polish this ring (as pictured) or do a matte/brushed finish (please select your preference from the drop-down menu)
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
- Approx. main gemstone size is 4mm (the carat weights vary per gemstone)
General shipping details:
- Please see care instructions: please see the FAQ/Policies page from the menu.
- The pictured ring is sold, but your ring will be made with the 14K gold color, center gemstone pictured, and accent diamonds of your choosing. Please see our current processing times on the FAQ page
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select USPS Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.