"Rune" is derived from the Old Norse word rún meaning "secret lore". This piece features three talon prongs that clasp raw Montana sapphires just as they are claimed from the earth. The band is our organic woodland style textured band. This design is as if plucked from Middle Earth.
Besides being imbued with the good energy it is made with, sapphire is a stone of royalty. It is said to protect the mind against negative energies, provide a calming effect, and strengthen intuition/clarity. Sapphire is a strong gemstone that is commonly used in daily wear pieces such as bridal.
A note from the artist: Many years ago, I had a 3-stone prong Montana sapphire ring design that some may remember. This is the more grown-up artist in the full vision version of the ring from so long ago on my journey. Durability and wearability are two companions of beauty in my work. Every piece is made with love—I hope you wear this ring to remind yourself of the beauty and magic that exists in the natural world and within yourself.
Ring design details:
READY TO SHIP: The pictured rings are available and ready to ship; all are currently size 5.75 (we can resize any of these from quarter/half/whole sizes 3–8). If the ring you wanted is sold or if desiring a different 14K gold color, please see our made to order Rune ring which allows you to leave a note with color requests.
Available rings (corresponds with first image from top to bottom):
- 1) *SOLD* 14K yellow gold—light yellow, teal, blue
- 2) *SOLD* 14K rose gold—blue, green, teal
- 3) 14K yellow gold—orange, teal, green
- Resizing: please allow up to 14 business days for resizing (any size other than the current 5.75)
- Band width (not including the setting front part of the ring): 1.72–2.8 mm (organic)—this ring design is so perfectly balanced for the sapphire sizes and can stack with other rings
- Band thickness: 1.5–2.06 mm (varies due to its organic nature)
- Raw sapphire setting: 3.6–3.9 mm approx. size of each setting
- Prong settings feature hand-carved talon prongs
- Finish: choose from the drop-down menu either a polished/shiny or a matte/brushed finish (the last photo shows a 14K yellow gold ring that has a matte/brushed finish beside a polished 14K rose gold ring)
- Montana sapphires: prong-set raw Rock Creek Montana sapphires (the stones, although unique in colors and shapes, have all been mined from Montana and are a mixture of heat-treated/natural sapphire/conundrum stones; some are freeform in shape, while others maybe be more round/oval in shape). These have been consciously mined from Rock Creek, Montana. Colors can range from pastel colors teal/blue, yellow, white, peachy-orange-gold, green. The colors of sapphires in each ring are set and sold as is. For a made to order ring with stone color requests, please see our made to order listing.
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
General shipping details:
- Please see care instructions: please see the FAQ/Policies page from the menu.
- If ordering one of the ready-to-ship rings and needing resizing, please allow up to 14 business days to complete the sizing and to package your order for shipping. Please see our current processing times on the FAQ page
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select USPS Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.