- One of a kind
- Delicate hand-sculpted fine silver and 22K diamond-shaped pendant with constructed sterling silver loops and a sterling silver chain
- Process for how this piece was made: This piece was hand sculpted and carved and then torch fired. It's one of a kind (not cast from a mold)—an original artwork. An ancient gilding technique called keum-boo has been used to apply a thick layer of 22K yellow gold foil to the fine silver surface. The gold is layered onto the surface, heated, and then burnished into the silver—this process creates a permanent diffusion bond.
- 18" long high-quality but delicate sterling silver chain (with lobster clasp)—this is a fairly short chain that sits higher up near the collar bone (depending on each person's body type, it may sit a little higher or lower on the neck line).
- the back of the pendant is carved "NM" (signature for Nicole Melton) and stamped ".925" for sterling silver and "22K" for 22K gold
- Care: sterling silver will gain natural patina over time when left unworn (unwanted oxidization can be removed with a polishing cloth—please see our FAQ/Policies page for care instructions), but we recommend you store this piece in a sealed plastic bag and inside a jewelry box to preserve the polished look.
- handmade in beautiful Kansas City, MO by Nicole Jo Melton
- Ready-to-ship. This item is completely one-of-a-kind. You are purchasing the pictured item (pendant with chain). Your pendant will be carefully packaged inside a Knot & Splice gift box. Please see current processing times for both made-to-order and ready-to-ship items on our FAQ/Policies page.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.